Systematic Review / Review Article:
- An article in which the author(s) have systematically analyzed and summarized existing research
- Author(s) did NOT do original research. They are summarizing work of others.
- Often focus on a general topic (such as breast cancer treatment) and bring together all relevant, useful articles on that topic in one review article.
- Does not contain sections such as Methods (and Materials), Results because they did not do any original research
- The use of statistical methods to summarize the results of the studies